Monday, October 15, 2012

Small Victories

So today Kevin and I went back "on plan".

That means no breads, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc. for Kevin.

That means only Medifast food, lean protein, and veggies for me.

We made an exception for one slice of cake each after his swearing in ceremony tomorrow.

(Did I mention that my husband passed the bar exam?! Yeah, he did. He's awesome.)

We also made an exception for our early anniversary trip that we're taking in two weeks.

I was feeling pretty good this morning when I headed in to work.

Day 1 of anything is usually equal parts exciting and suckage.

And it's Monday.

When I walked in, I saw that my coworker made her famous cinnamon rolls. Rude.

And then the Donut Guy came through the shop.

He's this guy that brings a box of donuts with him. Every. Time. He. Comes.

There are ALWAYS apple fritters and maple bars in there.

ALWAYS.

Double rude.

Guess what?!

I did not give in.

Small Victories.


So tell me: What are your small victories lately?

2 comments:

  1. Me also back on plan today. Terrible rainy, stormy day. Good for potato cheese soup and apple crisp. I have the ingredients. I love to bake. Didn't do it. Stayed on plan. Now I'm having tea from my pretty teapot in my lovely tea cup. ( dad had my delicious ginger prune cake). But I feel victory coming on and commit to having a perfect plan day. Another mental snag is my painful foot after my walk today. I think it was shocked that I was putting stress on it and is punishing me. But...small victories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo great! Nice work friend! I had a small victory last night, I was under my daily calories, so I got to have a scoop of icecream as desert with Brad! woot woot. not that food is a reward, but it was just nice to have something sweet after dinner.

    ReplyDelete