Tuesday, October 9, 2012

100th Post: 100 Things


  1. I like chocolate
  2. I hate dieting
  3. I hate exercising
  4. I do both anyway
  5. I love almost every kind of music
  6. Colors make me happy
  7. I hate doing the dishes
  8. I love when they're done
  9. My favorite book is A Ring of Endless Light by Madeline L'Engle
  10. My favorite song is Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy
  11. I walked down the isle to that song at my wedding
  12. Mango margaritas from Red Robin make me very, very happy
  13. Dark chocolate also makes me very happy
  14. I got to watch one of my nieces being born when I was 12
  15. Our friends just had a baby boy, who I hold when I need baby therapy, which he delivers quite perfectly 
  16. I'm a Jesus girl
  17. That isn't an actual thing, it is just my way of saying I'm a 'believer', Christian, without being stuck with a stereotype or label
  18. Number 17 just negated number 16
  19. I love taking pictures
  20. My favorite stuffed animal growing up was named Blanky Bear
  21. I sucked two fingers on my left (I think) hand until I was seven
  22. To end that habit, I had to sleep with socks on my hands
  23. My favorite thing to do right now is sit on my couch with Kevin watching House and eating ice cream
  24. I majored in Theatre and Spanish in college
  25. I got my Masters in Teaching after that
  26. I have a LOT of student debt
  27. I absolutely love my job as a barista
  28. My husband finds out on Friday whether or not he passed the Bar Exam
  29. Pins
  30. and
  31. Needles
  32. Candles and music make everything better
  33. I got that from my mom
  34. As well as her penchant for decorating and laughing at her own jokes
  35. I've yet to taste a type of alcohol I don't enjoy
  36. I am not an alcoholic
  37. I love snuggling with my puppy, MacDuff
  38. He is a pain in the patootie most of the time
  39. Patooty?
  40. I straightened my hair last week and LOVE it
  41. I might get a Brazilian Blowout to have it straight for a few months
  42. That is not a "downstairs" kinda thing
  43. But even when I found that out, it is the only thing I can think of whenever I hear the words "Brazilian Blowout"
  44. Then I laugh to myself, the middle-schooler-at-heart that I am
  45. I haven't been writing on here much this month
  46. Things have been kinda stressful
  47. But God is good
  48. And so is my husband
  49. And chocolate
  50. And onion rings
  51. Not being able to fit an onion ring into the ranch dipping bowl is a "First World" problem
  52. It sucks, nonetheless
  53. I moved MacDuff's big kennel into the office in order to use the heating elements without scorching the little dude
  54. I love having more open space in here!
  55. I look at my wedding ring often
  56. Kevin and I always kiss in sets of three
  57. One of my favorite customer's name is John
  58. He gets a 24 ounce iced mocha with 2% milk
  59. My mom got me the Jesus Calling journal/devotional that I've been wanting, even though she had no idea I wanted it
  60. Sometimes I miss the Bible like an ache inside me
  61. That happens when I haven't been in the Word for a while
  62. It is still really hard to get back into it
  63. I really want to lose this weight
  64. My resolve is fleeting
  65. As are my attempts at healthy eating and exercise
  66. I'm discouraged
  67. And yet hopeful
  68. I'm reading a book called Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire With God, Not Food
  69. It is incredibly poignant and far too accurate about my experience
  70. I'm excited to tell you all more about it as I continue to read and process
  71. I'm singing on worship team again this week
  72. No matter the situation, I love worshiping God and using that gift to point others to Him
  73. (I'm beginning to wonder if I should be using periods at the ends of each bullet point)
  74. Cuddling with my husband, talking about whatever odd thing that crosses our minds, feeling completely safe, and needed, and loved, and treasured, might be when I feel God's love the most
  75. It has now been four years since I have been in a musical
  76. I miss musical theatre with a passion
  77. I got some fantastic clothes at Kohls a couple weekends ago
  78. Shopping for myself is a love/hate relationship
  79. Accessories are always easier to shop for; Marshall's did not fail me
  80. Sunglasses, a case, rainy-weather coat, purse, and Lentil Chips (who knew?)
  81. Shoes are not easy to shop for: very. wide. feet.
  82. I had to get new jeans because I wore holes in my old ones
  83. In the thighs
  84. I hate that
  85. It feels like a "fat girl" thing
  86. I discovered quinoa pasta (also made with corn starch) - perfect for a (mostly) grain-free husband
  87. Kevin and I are making no-bake cookies for his work all-month-birthday party tomorrow
  88. That makes me feel grown up
  89. I cleaned out the fridge today
  90. Ew.
  91. We watched Man on a Ledge last night with a free Redbox rental that got texted to me
  92. Free stuff is AWESOME
  93. I got the new iPhone 5 and could not be more excited
  94. Actually, it hasn't been shipped yet, so I don't have it yet
  95. I check my email about every hour to see if it has shipped yet
  96. But they told me it would take at least 3-4 weeks
  97. It's only been two
  98. I love paying my bills when I know I have enough money to do so and that they are on time
  99. I always feel accomplished and responsible
  100. I love writing this blog, even when I do not have lots of time to do so. So don't go away. Keep reading. Keep commenting. Contact me anytime! I would love to get a little more dialogue going on here - when I can manage.

So tell me: What number resonated with you the most? Why? If you made a similar list right now, what would it be like? 

And because I can't figure out how to embed photos into the formatted list above, here are the ones I wanted to show you:









The End.

6 comments:

  1. 15 & 85. Holding a baby is my life right now. If I don't get my morning quiet cuddle time with my boy, my whole day is ruined. I totally understand. I also completely understand the "fat girl" thing.Having to buy jeans for that reason is the worst. WORST! Again, completely an utterly understand that feeling.

    Happy 100! I love your blog and follow you...even it is silently most of the time. Also, your hair looks gorgeous straight and when it is, you remind me so much of Adele. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed all the way through your list. Thanks for the humor therapy. :) Please tell me this took you like all day ... I kept wondering if you wrote it like you were talking to a friend and the jumping from topic to topic was an ADD/ADHD adventure in motion. :)

    2, 3, and 63 - 67 .... and probably a bunch of others. Oh and the thigh holes in the jeans. I hate dealing with "extra" weight. I hate the word fat, and all the other associated words. I'm really "craving" a fantasy of no more weight concerns -- oh to not be obsessed about food, either in over eating it or in a constant need to avoid it.

    As always, your honesty makes me smile and encourages me ... I see you as transparent. And I know there are lots of "silent" times when that may not be true, but it is really great when you put yourself out here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7. 17. 32. 60-61. 65.

    Also last night we totally lit the candles...turned off the lights, and snuggled chatting and praying it was beautiful. and so is your hair all straightened out...I've heard good thing about a Brazilian blowout, but also some negative (advice:research it before the leap). Love you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHAHA! #51! "First world problem! FIRST WORLD PROBLEM!"

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear holes in the thighs of my jeans too. And if they're high enough that you can't really see them, I put iron-on patches on the insides when I first notice the hole so I don't have to buy jeans as often because I HATE buying jeans. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #86. Wha?? This sounds like something I should look into. What other fabu grain-free secrets do you have?

    So, I've kinda started a blog after being inspired by you and a couple of others, but I might be stealing a couple of your formats, if that's ok... http://talesfromthescaffolding.wordpress.com

    Also! I've been reading this blog a lot, which has some ideas for some different exercise routines, and has a good forum community for support. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

    ReplyDelete