Monday, December 16, 2013

Small Holiday Victories


This past weekend, Kevin and I had the chance to veg out, sleep in, go to dinner and Zoolights with family, and bake & decorate sugar cookies for my coworkers. I also did a bunch of meal prep on Sunday afternoon and evening.


While all of these things are wonderful, many of them also are prone to pose as obstacles in my never-ending battle with healthy eating.
 

I am so pleased that I was able to get through the weekend (weekends are always hard for me) without overeating or ruining any of my progress!


(This is really here just to show my pride and joy in having three separate meals going at once in a Dutch over and two slow cookers!)


That's my handsome (now bearded) man getting all excited about efficient and fun ways to decorate the cookies. 


Despite some extras here and there, I managed to exercise all 5 weekday mornings (35 minutes, 3.3 mph, incline level 3) and lose 3 pounds! Here's to small victories even during the holiday season!


(Had to throw in one of my little dude. Love my MacDuff!) 


 Question: How do you stay on track during the holidays??

No comments:

Post a Comment