Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Smells of Home



Lately, my husband and I have noticed a strange odor in our bedroom. 

Could it be that we weren't able to thoroughly vacuum before the movers put the (very heavy) bed in there?

Did the cats, who used to sneak up here before our arrival, leave something that was never found? (And trust me, I did find plenty.)

Is it because we have covered the windows to block out the light, and therefore kept airflow from happening?

I just don't know. 

I do know that the bed is too heavy for us to maneuver at this point. And the problem needs attention. My solution? Odoban. Sprayed all over the floor and left to sit. 

So we'll see.

Thankfully, the smelly garbage under the kitchen sink was removed a few days ago, the laundry is caught up, and our pup doesn't shed. That, added to my freshly baked cookies, has left the place smelling much better.

For now.

I'm actually just proud that I addressed the issue at all today. This morning was a very low energy morning. I've been fighting off a cold and woke up feeling icky and exhausted. While Kevin was at work I proceeded to sit on the couch with MacDuff and watch the Food Network. (In case you were wondering, watching hours of cooking and baking does in fact make one want to cook and bake in their own kitchen, not just watch too-skinny ladies do it on TV.) 

Once Kevin came home (he's only working until noon for now), my mood and energy perked right up! I just love that guy. We had lunch and I got to work! Folded and put away laundry (that was on the couch since yesterday afternoon), washed the dishes, cleaned up the living room, prepared our peach crumble dessert for tonight (totally threw this together based loosely on a recipe I saw on TV earlier - I'll let you know if it's worth sharing), made peanut butter oatmeal whole wheat cookies (again, I'll let you know how that goes after we've tried them), went through the mail (I hate bills), and am about to tackle the rest of my dishes (I don't have a dishwasher). 

Not bad, eh?

Also, the pooch cuddled with me on the couch this morning. I've been complaining for weeks that he's not very cuddly. I guess he heard. Love that Schnoodle.


So tell me: What do you do about smells?

3 comments:

  1. Baking soda and or bleach depending on the location. Just got to give home two cats to their parents yesterday. They peed in three places while they were with us for two weeks. I treated each spot right after they happened but with the muggyness and now that they are gone i need to touch up on them. There used to be an odor neutralizer powder you could put on the floor and then vacuum but i havent tried that stuff yet.

    ReplyDelete