Thursday, July 19, 2012

Update

Not so much weekly.

I'm a little behind.

My house is fairly clean. The dishes are mostly done. The food is pretty much prepared (for this and next week).

It's been an up and down week. Good and bad days. Nothing too fancy or horrific.

You know?

Feeling down about my body, nothing new there. Feeling excited about gardening and canning this summer, which is actually very new.

Dreaming about the future with my husband. Planning our dream home in our minds as we fall asleep.

Shaving down MacDuff for the summer and feeling like we got a brand new dog.

Haven't exercise in a long time; unless you count the weeding I did yesterday (which my hamstrings do).

Watching "House" with Kevin in the evenings as we eat dinner. And in the mornings when neither of us work.

Having married adventures like slug dissection and Cricut card making.

The last week or so has been good and bad, up and down, boring and exciting, lonely and life-giving, crazy and normal.

All in all, I am content. Not always happy, but content. 

God is good. So is coffee. And dark chocolate. And dogs. And especially, marriage.


So tell me: How are you?

4 comments:

  1. I am handling my new life about the same. I'm doing better most the time. Sam was here for a couple of days and that was good. ESP for dad. My workouts are so hard but I believe they help me. In several ways. Dad always thinks it is too much. I have to rest some when I come home. I keep busy and that helps. We had a women's worship night last night and that was good. We had about 25-30. Mary Lou German asked about you. I'm not making any progress with my weight loss either. I try but not strictly. I had a really bad night last night so I feel crappy this morning. I'll get my vibe going pretty soon and I will have a happy day. I look forward to your visit. We will have the two little ones when you are here.lo e you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady!

    Good work on all the cooking; snip snap! That takes, effort planning and perseverance...not to mention dishes galore. I wish I could say that our counter and sink was clean, but that would be a lie. I did do the dishes before dinner last night tho. But in-laws came over for dinner which meant twice the dishes. Oh well. I hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete