Friday, August 24, 2012

A Fail and a Win.


I used my food processor to shred up a bunch of broccoli before it went bad.

To it, I added apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, nonfat Greek yogurt, chicken boullion granules, and salt.

It was gross. 

I think it could be improved upon, but the stuff (I would honestly rather use a much less ladylike term) pictured below was nasty tasting. Way too much vinegar in the recipe I used. 

Any good recipes for great tasting slaw??? I need help.



The following was much, much better.



About 3 cups of shredded broccoli.
6 eggs.
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
Salt. 1 tsp.
Parsley. 1 tsp.
Oregano. 1 tsp.
Half of a chopped Walla Walla sweet onion.



Bacon. Baked. Crumbled.



Bread turned into bread crumbs.



(I froze bread before it went bad and saved it. Process it and you have instant bread crumbs!)





About 2 cups worth, perhaps more (didn't measure).





All tossed together...





...and pressed into a 9x13 baking pan.


Cover with tin foil.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.



Enjoy a baked bacon and broccoli frittata, Nicole-style.


So tell me: Have you created anything in the kitchen lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment