Monday, August 27, 2012

Chives & Basil


I picked these from the greenhouse.



I helped these to grow!!!



So I had to eat them.



After toasting a sandwich thin in the frying pan, I added my own version of basil pesto, cooked turkey bacon, Londoner cheese, a fried egg, and chopped chives on top.



This pesto was about 1 cup fresh basil, 1/2 cup plain almonds, and 3-4 Tbsp olive oil (and a pinch of salt).







I hung the Thai basil blossoms. So pretty.



This was my husband's version: regular bacon and sliced tomato. No complaints there!


So tell me: What would you create with chives and basil???

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a flower arrangement. Although, I am planning on transplanting my basil to a larger container. Are you supposed to cut off the blossoms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You are supposed to cut off the blossoms to keep the energy going to the leaves! :)

      Delete