Monday, August 13, 2012

On the Road Again

Ranch mixed with Czar's Pinot & Pepper Sauce, chopped romaine lettuce, toasted almonds (1.5 minutes on a baking sheet under the broiler), crumbled goat cheese, blackberries (from my mom's driveway), and mesquite steak strips. Yum. Yum. Yum.
Friends, it has been awhile since we really talked. Long enough for me to forget what I told you lately that wasn't mostly comprised of narrative pictures and captions.

Let's recap the last few years of my life, shall we? Just for fun.

- Began losing weight in January of 2010
- Started a 10 month MAT program in June of 2010
- Met Kevin January 2011
- Finished my program in April 2011
- Got engaged July 2011
- Started a new full-time job (40 minutes from Kevin and from home) September 2011
- Married November 2011, moved in with Kevin and out of my parent's home
- Helped my husband through back surgery and recovery December 2011 through March 2012
- Started trying to lose my gained-back 30 pounds in January 2012
- Joined a weight loss competition in May 2012, ended last week, I didn't even do a final weigh-in
- Finished my job and moved three hours away with Kevin end of May 2012
- June and July were spent preparing Kevin for the bar and starting my new job
- August has thus far been spent working, Kevin working, and wondering how 8 months have passed without any pounds lost... and most likely a gain.

So, not to be a complete whiner, but there has been a lot packed into a short time. There's plenty more I could add to the list, but the basics give you the idea. No one died, no tragedies happened, but it has been a very full, sometimes difficult time nonetheless.

The motivation to get to the gym and really stick to healthy eating is missing in action.

But, I can't wear the clothes I wore last summer. That is depressing.

I was looking at pictures from one of my bridal showers last night and just loved the way I looked then. I want to get back there! Even if I didn't go much further, that would be a great place to be!

Kevin is so supportive and would do anything to help me, but it still has to be me who sweats and puts healthy food in my mouth - and says no to the crap. 

I feel a bit like a lost cause. I'm not drowning in despair, I'm just feeling sluggish and unmotivated. Ya know?

So this is today. Yesterday is gone, never to return. If God can look at me, love me, and believe that I am beautiful and worth fighting for, then I should believe it too. 

I'm not making any proclamations, I'm just telling you about today. 

Tomorrow will come, I'll let you know how it goes.


So tell me: How do you get motivated in times like these?

4 comments:

  1. I am not ready to to do a full program of TS FL right now even though I know with complete adherence I will lose weight and it is so healthy. However, I do need to do something since I am home now, So I am going to do the prevention 17 day diet. That gives me a shorter time goal so I don't feel like a quiter. I need to feel successful. But I also still want a little more freedom and flexibility. I'll let you know how I do. Today I am still mexi-sick. Maybe I'll start tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont look back on the things that were wrong but highlight the steps you made in a positive direction. Every step no matter how small toward your goal helps you to become what you want to be. Dont be discouraged just treat every day like a new day and give yourself many small milestones throughout the day that you can succeed at.

    I started my journey at 210lbs in August of 2011. It is now August 2012 and i am 164.4. I still have almost 30 pounds to go and it is getting soo slow. My brother in law has been living with us off and on for the last six months and his eating habits are horrid. I am hoping september first when he is in a different house i will see more progress as i wont slip so much by having his crappy food all over my house. I am good most of the time unless i get tired or overly stressed. Its sad for me to look at restaurants i used to love and now wont eat at, not that i dislike the food but because i know how my body will feel after eating it. I know that means my body is starting to want the healthy things but i still miss them.

    Keep pushing on nicole. I know you have it in you to do this. If you try any of those recipes let me know how they turn out.

    Jennifer jones

    ReplyDelete