Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day by Day

Wednesday.


Hump Day.




I just had to share. This little bit of magic can be found at the Thai restaurant in town. Oh man, that just made my night - and I knew you would all enjoy it.


Today is one of those days filled with less-than-special chores and errands. Laundry folding, dishes, puppy running, husband studying, bill paying, unsubscribing from e-mails I delete anyway, and eventually making it to the gym (soon, I promise).


While this is truly what I was hoping for when we moved, time to rest and just be at home, it is harder than I thought it would be. There is always something to be done. Thankfully, I am finding rhythm and routine as I'd hoped. It helps that life tends to fall into its own rhythm anyway.


Waking, sleeping. Ups, downs. Eating, well, you know. 


Easing into the morning with coffee and puppy cuddles. Not too shabby.





When chores and errands are done, I get to play! Yesterday I even got to see a baby donkey, just one day old! Then the family celebrated my pop-in-law's birthday - at the Thai place. Hehe. (I am so immature.) 




Amazingly, I'm finding that because I have more or less been in my eating routine for quite a while before moving, it hasn't been all that hard to stay "on plan". I don't have a plan, per se, mostly an attempt to stay between 1200 and 1300 calories each day, getting in plenty of fruits and veggies each day. And water. It is so hard for me to get all my ounces of water/liquids every day! Sheesh! 


And then gym time. Or walking with folks around here. As long as it's three times a week, I'm set! If I happen to find/make more time for activity, all the better. When the weather gets to be a bit more consistent, I'd like to take MacDuff out walking. 


As you can see, he's really concerned about life right now. Very troubled.




Day by day, huh? Yeah, I guess so. Adjusting to change one day at a time.


So tell me: What are you doing 'day by day'? Any little things brightening your day?

3 comments:

  1. We are at Cannon Beach with Peg and Louie. Came Wed. , leave today.Back to all the daily chores like you spoke of. We have fixed meals here and cleaned but it is different. A nice break. My daily chores include feeding chickens and cats, watering plants and doing wash. And I have been on a pretty good exercise routine too. And I heck in on fb and emails a couple times a day too. I actually feel safe checking my planner several times a day to keep me on track and also to not forget some little thing that is not so routein. I love putting that big check mark by something I finished that I really didn't want to do. Done and done. Check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh...pups is so cute! Isn't it amazing how much they become a part of your life? Life would be so sad without them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, yes. He has changed our whole world! :) I am so in love with this dog. It's nuts. It reminds me of you and your chickens!! :)

      Delete