Friday, June 22, 2012

Welcome to My Humble Abode

I promise: this post contains way more pictures of our apartment than you want to see. Enjoy!

Our stairwell "entryway".
"Front" door. 

BEFORE: Living Room.


BEFORE: Living Room.
Notice the large wire contraption. Not the prettiest piece of furniture, but it keeps us sane.




BEFORE: Dining Room/Kitchen.

The kitchen extension and pantry.

BEFORE: Kitchen




Dry erase board on the fridge.
Extras bin. Little bit of everything.

One of my favorite little aids to fitting it all in.

Notice the very long curtain. One of my "to dos" still undone.

Laundry room, extended pantry, and a spaghetti squash.
Magnet board above my kitchen sink.

The MacDuff cupboard.
Who invited you, Sir?
BEFORE: Bathroom.





BEFORE: Office.
This is the catch-all room. 

Sadly, most of my scarves are buried in our storage unit. We will be reunited again soon, my loves!
Closet: games, tools, gift wrapping paraphenelia, vacuum, exercise equipment, etc.
BEFORE
The hubs studying away. Good job, Babe!!!
BEFORE: Bedroom.





Closet: I have used every last inch of space to make everything fit!


My re-planted herbs in my MIL's greenhouse. There was no direct sunlight in our kitchen (where they were living previously), so they had to be relocated. Thanks, Mom, for the herbs! I hope I didn't kill them!



I am so excited to be settled, unpacked, decorated, and even entertaining in just three weeks after moving! God has been so good to us, even when we can't see it right away. I am feeling blessed, missing the comforts of my hometown, and thanking God every day for the tremendous blessing in my husband and partner. This (huge) transition would be unbearable without you, Kevin. Thank you for listening to me, tending me, and being patient when I "OCD" about the bathroom counter!

Thank you, too, all my readers, whoever you are. Thank you for joining me along this journey. And welcome to my new home!


So tell me: What things or areas in your home give you the most joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment