Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dryer Lint



Last night I was in need of my handy husband's assistance.


You see, I like to use the dryer sheet to get the excess lint from the lint trap. I didn't know that there's a hole/slot that things can fall into. I found out.


So, Kevin had to use a very long serving spoon, inside-out tape, and some plastic straws to save us all from a future burning disaster.


Husbands are so helpful.


It's been a while since I've written anything to you, friends. Adjusting to a temporary homemaker's schedule has been more time consuming than I had thought. Amazingly enough, the laundry and dishes do not do themselves if left long enough. And the dog absolutely wants to scratch at my legs when I'm trying to go to the bathroom. And the elliptical does not burn calories for me unless I'm actually on it. Weird.


A bit late: Weekly Update


Exercise: (last week) 3-mile walk outside, 1 hour on elliptical, 35 min on elliptical


(and some trampoline time that may or may not have required changing of panties afterward... just like the coughing and sneezing... once I have babies, I'm just screwed.)


Weight Loss: 178.4 .......... That's up a pound. Boo.


So my Monday consisted of pajamas, couch, pouting, Food Network, and peanut butter on a spoon... covered in chocolate chips. Oops.


And to be perfectly honest, I have not been watching my weekends. You know? I work really hard for five days and then let loose on the weekend. Add bloating from too little water and weight gain is bound to happen. Even if it is water weight. Again, boo.


Even though I was totally content asleep (right), it was a good wake up call. Too bad the peanut butter answered before I could get to it...


I know I've said it before, but one day at a time, friends. It's the best I can do. And truly, that's all God is asking of me. Remove the weights and burdens from my shoulders and place them in the hands of One who is waiting patiently to take what was never mine to begin with.




It is often hard for me to see, but I am surrounded by blessings and God's provision. If only I could remember to breathe long enough to take stock of these answers to prayer and moments of joy and solace that are so needed.


The sun is shining today. Summer is officially here. MacDuff is running after his red ball each time I toss it around the apartment. Kevin is studying. My coffee is delicious. Music is playing. My Matron of Honor is going to have a baby. We are having friends over for dinner tomorrow night for the first time in our new home. I haven't gotten lost while driving alone yet. Technology allows me to stay in touch with my favorite people. Greek yogurt (Fage) and honey is the perfect breakfast. So You Think You Can Dance will tape on our DVR tonight. I wake up next to my best friend everyday. The hot water doesn't run out during my showers here (which it did in our old place).




It's the little things, right?




So tell me: What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Just a short comment. I think you have things backwards about having kids and the other things you mentioned. Better check that sequence again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me so long to figure out what you were talking about. I laughed a lot when I finally did!!! :) And... yes.... you may have a point. ;-)

      Delete