Friday, May 25, 2012

A Little Fruity

Ummmm.... am I actually craving....fruit? More than CHOCOLATE?????

I've heard the myth that one will crave fruit the more one eats fruit. Come to find out, it is as true as Thor and his sizable mallot. That didn't come out right. Okay, leaving it at that.

I'm loving fruit. In a lustuous way.

A while back my husband and I made a fruit platter as part of our dinner at my parent's. It was magical. The colors, the textures, the SMELL. I could have stood there and eaten fruit all day long.

This fruit thing, this craving, is so foreign to me. I even want it more than chocolate. Not dark chocolate, mind you. Just the regular chocolate. There are chocolate kisses hidden away in my kitchen. Chocolate chips, too. But what is more tempting are the tangelos, apples, and grapefruit sitting out on the counter. When there are mangos, I stare at them. It's inappropriate. 

It's not that I can't eat them. I do! Everyday! It's that I'm cutting back on calories and fruit counts. Everything in moderation.


So tell me: What are you craving?

1 comment:

  1. CHOCOLATE COVERED FROZEN BANANAS. With peanuts. I might have to make some this afternoon... :)

    ReplyDelete