Friday, April 20, 2012

But. I. Don't. Want. To.

Change up my exercise routine, that is.



I mean it.

I'm very serious.

It will be bad for my health to exercise more.

Especially if it gets any harder.

You see, I have my pattern. My routine. The plan. And it works for me!

By "works for me", I mean I don't have to think about it...and it's not very vigorous.

Not too much sweating. It's comfortable. That's good, right?

Yeah, everyone tells me, if the plateau isn't scampering away in fear simply with a diet change, it might need an exercise change-up to flee for good.

But, I just believe that my way will work. Eventually. Maybe.


Okay.


It hasn't worked. And my aggravation only increases.


So I'm doing this more:


And this at all:




Those are some pretty sweet pants. The 80's ain't got nothin' on me.


Do you see the joy? The rapture? The unending, unequivocal excitement???

Yeah, me neither.


But I'm going to do it anyway. Remember how I said I had a new (temporary) goal of working out more often for a month? Well, I really want to achieve that! And I REALLY want to beat this plateau!

So despite my very real inability to do even one push up or sit up (which my husband did not believe until he saw it for himself), I will pump on that elliptical and let Kevin boss me around on a yoga mat. (I'll just go ahead and say it: "That's what she said!" - I told you that I work with middle schoolers, right?)

There it is. The ugly truth. And I can't believe I'm letting you see me in me stellar workout clothes - at least you can see my pained expression smile.


So tell me: What do you do for exercise? How often? What do you love the most?

3 comments:

  1. I can't say that I am good at exercise, because I don't "stick" to anything for too long. (I have food issues. And for some reason, I feel like I have to do it all and have my exercise and eating "on track" for me to feel motivated...like it's 'worth it.')

    However, I like the elliptical (though it can get boring), gym classes (currently too out of shape...) but I recently pulled these out of my exercise video collection: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/stephanie-huckabee-powerfit-5681

    They're 20 minutes each, and they use the flex band things. I did the cardio one yesterday....and the chest/triceps/butt one today. HARD. But good. :) My goal is to maintain consistency with these until my fitness level improves.

    FYI: I enjoy your blog! We went to college together, but we weren't in the same major and didn't have many of the same activities. Glad to see you doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got a lot of results from the "insanity" workout dvds! they're super intense and you'll want to die, but they really kick your butt and jumpstart weight loss. i did them for a few months and lost the "freshmen 15" i gained in college. i'd definitely recommend them! http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined a gym...ok a YMCA. But spending the money to access to all the variety of equipment and classes has really helped. O and I have a workout buddy who helps keep me accountable and works out with me. We may not be doing the exact same workout but they are there to encourage and push me, and I get to do the same for them. It really helps things stay positive and fun! Plus someone else can help think of the routine or specific exercises to do.
    You are truly awesome Nicole! Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete