Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekly Update, and Plateau Perspective

Weekly Update:

Exercise: 4 30-min walks in my classroom

Weight Loss: Still to be continued. :)

So. Puppy.

I love him dearly. But I may have hit the side of his kennel last night in anger. He was screaming!!! Then I got up and went out to the couch. Where I slept for an hour.

Granted, the little guy only screamed for about two minutes. But it was enough to piss me off.

And... when I pick him up to take him out to potty, all the love comes rushing back. He's just so darn cute and cuddly.

Seriously- I'm not going to injure him. Really.

I just may think about it at 2:30 in the morning when I have yet to get more than one hour of solid sleep and have to be up at 6:30.

Or maybe this is all a funny joke I'm telling you guys... Maybe.

So. Exercise.

Less this last week due to some bug I've picked up and am fighting off - not to mention the addition to our home. The bug has yet to vacate, so I may not be doing much more than my classroom walks this week either.

So. Weight loss.

Well, I was able to stuff myself into my old 12 jeans! Woohoo! Muffin top? Oh yeah. Still! They zipped up. And I had to wear something to the vet - MacDuff peed on the other ones on accident.

It's not the same as feeling that I'm really back into them, but it is a small bit of inspiration and motivation. Progress is happening people!!!

And let me tell you...


It's esay to forget the progress I have made over the last two plus years:



This change required hard work

 

Perseverance,


Sacrifice,


and Dedication.


Yes, I regressed some. Gained back 30 pounds.


But that does not a failure make.


Remind me to look at this when I melt down again.


So tell me: How do you keep yourself motivated? How do you let the little things go and focus on positives?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicole! I love reading your blog. Whenever I see an update on Facebook, I click on it and check it out. :0)

    Here's a random motivational story:

    The other day I was jogging (slowly...) and thinking about how the calories I was burning wouldn't equal the calories I had eaten that day, and I was irritated with myself that I hadn't jogged in a while and lost some progress. Anyhow...I looked down, and some random person had written a message on the sidewalk in chalk: "remember, no matter how slow you're going, you're still running circles around the people who are sitting on the couch." It made me laugh and feel good about the fact that I was up, outside, and exercising. - Destiny

    ReplyDelete