Friday, April 6, 2012

Honeymoon Highlights in Photos

You've seen bits and pieces from our Spring Break trip. Here are some more:

The sunny view from our third story room.

Blogging on our work day.

 So glad he does the homework! I'll take blogging over reading text books. :)

Enjoying Thai food with Rich and Lora, our vacation providers, while they visited us for a night! We had so much fun eating at this little restaurant (they had three-ring binders for menus, hehe) and playing rummy in the suite. Thanks again, guys!

Delicious Thai peanut curry. Yum!

I think this may have been the only time I wore make-up. Who needs it on vacation?! :)

Thai iced tea!

We decided to be adventurous and drove out on the beach! We kept watching other people do it and wanted to try, too!

Once out there, we noticed that the seagulls were lining up along the shore in a diagonal formation. It was SO windy that no one else was on the beach - except our bird friends.

At one point we had six birds lined up by our car.

I really do love seagulls. You know Iver's in Seattle? Lots of seagulls! 

Every so often, one of the gulls would raise up, let the wind carry it a bit, and touch back down. Then one of the other birds in the line would do the same. It was fascinating watching their patterns. I love creatures. I love seeing the Creator in His creation.

Our "greasy spoon" stop during our trip. I would totally recommend the Loose Kaboose. Great food. Really friendly owner/operator. You get the experience you're looking for.


Halibut fish & chips.

Funland. Seriously. The name says it all. This was only one of the many games we played. We beat the high score! Yeah! (We played at the same time, but that's not cheating. We're just using all available resources.)

He got so many tickets at this game!

Rummy. We play all the time. I can proudly say that I beat him. Once out of the four times we played while on vacation. That's pretty good considering my track record!!

This is our Funland loot! I'm especially fond of the army men.

One of our best adventures was visiting an antique mall on our last full day. Kevin collects playing cards, which we found. I am staring a Fiestaware collection, which I found!!! We also love anything Disney- hence the book. It may also be our "someday baby" nursery theme. (This is not my way of hinting that I'm pregnant. Far from it! Hopefully, that will be a few years away. I just like to be prepared.) :)

Our Goodwill loot! We stopped on our way home. More playing cards for Kevin, more Disney for me! Aristocats is my favorite movie, also.

I am a long-time fan of Deadliest Catch, and have been wanting to try this beer, Northwestern Ale, for so long! Just because it has Captain Sig on it. :) It was a bit too stout for my taste, but it was fun! And now I get to put the bottle on display with my collection. I could SO be a crab fisherman. :)


We played, we discovered, we journeyed, we adventured, we rested, we laughed - a lot, we ate, we watched movies, we baked, we finished Heroes (now we need a new show!), we prayed, we cooked, we read, we talked - about everything, we enjoyed each other. I cannot think of a better way to spend a vacation and long-awaited honeymoon!


So tell me: What do you do on vacation? What are your favorite adventures? 

No comments:

Post a Comment