Thursday, February 2, 2012

Goals. Or, things I put down on paper every year and don't seem to accomplish...

Every year I make out a list of New Year's Resolutions. This year I even made this list on the iPad my hubby surprised me with for Christmas. Note to self: making the list with high-tech gadgetry does not make it any easier to put down the cookie and pick up my running shoes.


January 2010 - January 2011




Here are some goals/accomplishments from the past couple of years:


2010
  • Worked out 116 times. I would write down my activity on a calendar after it was completed as a way of visually motivating myself. Of course I counted at the end of the year!
  • Lost 40 pounds with Weight Watchers. Once I started grad school, going to the meetings became too difficult. Plateau number one.
  • Ran/walked my very first (and only, to date) 5K! I tell you, that was huge for me! I was panting in front of strangers!
  • Started Medifast.The program works - if you stick to it.
  • Wore not one, not two, but three bridesmaid dresses. (All of which are too small now!)
  • By the end of 2010, I was down a total of 65 pounds.
2011
  • Joined eHarmony.
  • Met Kevin. :)
  • Plateau number two. Don't blame him, it wasn't his fault! (Though I did like to use it as an excuse!)
  • Graduated with my MAT degree.
  • Lost another 25 pounds - mostly through diet (Medifast off and on), not much exercise.
  • Started my job as an ESL assistant at a middle school.
  • Got married! Yes, of course, to Kevin!
  • Plateau number three. Living into the stereotype of a newlywed.
  • Started Weight Watchers again. This time only online. I hope to start meetings after school is out!
  • By the end of 2011 I had gotten to my very lowest (90 lbs. down!) and gained back 30.
Talk about a roller coaster!


So here's the thing - I am determined to find a way to accomplish my goals this year. Maybe it won't turn out exactly like I'm hoping, and that's okay. God knows what is in my heart and what is best for me. And I plan on (literally) working my butt off! No more excuses. I have the means, the knowledge, the opportunity, a supportive husband, and too many clothes in my closet that are getting tight!


So here they are:


Resolutions for 2012 (as listed on the iPad)
  • Lose 50 pounds to reach my goal weight of 135
  • Exercise at least 30 min, 3 times a week
  • Do weekly solo devotions
There. I said it. Now on to doing it!


What are your resolutions? How do you plan on achieving them?

4 comments:

  1. Why is it that getting married is a plateau for working out? I had that same problem!! I like your resolutions...I need to set similar ones!

    *Lose 20 pounds
    *Exercise at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week
    *Do solo devotions at least every other day

    Let's help each other stay accountable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your goals sound great! We do have very similar ones! I'm glad we get to do this together! :)

      Delete
  2. Im working toward my goal weight of 135 too. Though I'm trying not to diet and just changing my lifestyle to fit a 135lb woman. I am finding that takes a lot of baby steps.

    You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thanks for the support! You can do it, too!

      Delete