Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 Reasons to Push Through

Reasons why I want to be healthier. Reasons to keep going. Reasons to get up and exercise when I do NOT want to. Reasons to avoid the fatty foods. Reasons to push me through times of lethargy and stress. Reasons to remind me why I am doing this.


1. To no longer be "obese" on the BMI scale
2. To be able to shop in ANY store, and not just the "big girl" section
3. To have a closet full of clothes that I love and know fit me
4. To easily fit in the bathtub (accomplished!)
5. To have energy to get up and do things I love
6. To have energy to get up and do things I have to do
7. To have better control over my emotions (it is AMAZING how different my emotional swings are when I exercise regularly and eat well)
8. To be the best wife I can to my wonderful, supportive husband
9. To be at optimal health before I start having kids ('cuz it's certainly not gonna get any easier once I start poppin' 'em out!)
10. To not run out of breath whenever I climb stairs (accomplished!)
11. To fight the risk of diabetes (which runs rampant on both sides of my family)
12. To treat my body as a God-given temple
13. To go running outside

14. To run a 5k (accomplished!)
15. To armor myself with tools to fight food addiction
16. To be a good example to my nieces
17. To raise a healthy, active family

18. To fit into a pair of jeans that look great and are comfortable (accomplished!)
19. To get those Nike shoes I have my eye one! (only 8 lbs. to go!)
20. To have a great excuse to buy adorable workout gear

21. To walk in shorts without the awkward bunching

22. To be able to cross my legs when I'm sitting (accomplished!)
23. To have the confidence to do gym classes
24. To eat normally, free of bingeing
25. To feel more comfortable wearing shorts, skirts and dresses - without my thighs chafing
26. To walk into a room without assuming I am the largest person there (accomplished!)
27. To travel to a foreign country without being asked if I'm pregnant
28. To do the things I want to do, to not be held back by fears or insecurities
29. To have the confidence and courage to date (accomplished!)
30. To maintain a healthy weight (give or take a few pounds) for a whole year
31. To have a belly that, though perhaps not flat, does not "lap over my belt"
32. To have muscle tone (I swear I have no upper body strength)
33. To work out in a gym, not just my living room (accomplished!)
34. To learn when my body is hungry and when it is satisfied
35. To cook and eat smart, not just tasty (though tasty is important!)
36. To be able to wear a strapless wedding dress and feel beautiful (accomplished!)
37. To fit into a pair of cute rain boots (okay, I actually don't know if my cosmic calves will ever fit into rain boots, but here's hoping!)
38. To feel sexy (I know my hubs thinks I am, but I don't always think so)
39. To sleep better (when I am eating healthily and exercising often, I fall asleep faster and sleep longer)
40. To run a 10k

No comments:

Post a Comment