Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Fresh Start

Welcome to my first (ish) attempt at a blog! The other attempt never made it past two posts before I let busyness of life take over. I am determined to make it to at least three this time! ;-)


Over the last couple of years, and especially the last six months, there have been many changes and new additions in my life: starting a weight-loss/health journey, going through a Masters in Teaching program, dating for the first time, starting a "real" job, getting married, moving out of my parent's house, and now learning how to be a wife. That seems, and definitely feels, like a lot.


All of these "new" things are the reason for the title: A Ginger's Genesis. (And, of course, the fact that I am a redhead, and quite proud to be so!) Genesis. New beginnings. Fresh starts.


So why start a blog now?


Well, I need some encouragement and accountability. And a place to put my thoughts, struggles, and victories! And I need a fresh start - especially with my weight loss. I have lost a total of 90 pounds since January of 2010. Aaaand I have gained 30 of it back. One of my New Year's resolutions this year is to lose 50 pounds to reach my goal weight. My hope is that this blog will be one way to help motivate and encourage me to keep at it.


I also want to share my thoughts and stories about being a newlywed! Running a home (thankfully a smaller one, for now) is much more difficult than I thought. How in the world did my mom always get dinner on the table without one dish getting cold while the other has to cool down to eat it?? This mystery confounds me.


I look forward to sharing some of my life with you, and hopefully learning more about yours!


With love,
Nicole


P.S. - I AM going to get on the treadmill tonight. And I am NOT going to binge on the butter pecan ice cream in the freezer. Check back for the results! :-)

2 comments: