Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bisque, Bread & Beach

The risen dough. My dough actually sat & rose for about 21 hours, but it still turned out great!
Baking away in the Dutch oven! (One of my fav kitchen items.)
Finished product! A bit lop-sided, but absolutely delicious!
The outside is crunchy and crispy, the inside is moist and chewy. Delicious flavor. I especially loved mine toasted with a little melted Dubliner cheese on top. Yum! Find the recipe for this easy bread (the first yeast bread I've ever made) here. I can't wait to try more flavors!
Roasting mushrooms to make Mushroom Bisque, recipe here.
Delicious soup!!! Oh my goodness!!! I blended 3/4 of the roasted mushrooms with the rest of the soup instead of just adding them after.
Kevin suggested that for next time I set aside the sauteed onions before I blend the soup, adding them back in after for added texture.
This series of pictures may not be fully related (especially since the food is from back home before our vacay), but the alliteration of the title inspired me. Deal with it. This would be the view of our hotel from the walkway to the beach.
My goodness, that man is handsome. He smiles for me when I want to take his picture. I really appreciate that.
We are loving our time away. Many more thanks to generous family and a wondrous Creator who takes my breath away daily. What a wonderful world, indeed, Louie.

No comments:

Post a Comment